- 500 g pumpkin, chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato, chopped
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2.5 litres vegetable stock
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 knob of ginger, chopped
- sea salt & pepper
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 cup (50 g) each of carrot, zucchini, parsnip & celery, shredded
- 1/2 cup (50 g) bean sprouts
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 1/4 bunch coriander chopped
- Sauté pumpkin, sweet potato, onion and garlic with a little vegetable stock.
- Add spices, rest of stock and simmer for 30 – 40 minutes.
- Purée soup in a blender and check seasoning.
- Add the shredded vegetables just before serving and sprinkle with chopped coriander.
A good source of beta-carotene, this delicious warming soup is great for your immune system. Coriander is known to have heavy metal chelating properties too!