Ingredients (Makes 12 Muffins)
- 1 ½ cups white whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup plain whole-milk Greek2yogurt
- ⅓ cup creamy natural peanut butter, well stirred
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed banana (from 2 very ripe bananas)
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 scoop of Vanilla The Lean Protein from Innermost
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt together in a medium bowl.
- Whisk yogurt and peanut butter together in a separate bowl until smooth.
- Combine in eggs, banana, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla.
- Fold the flour mixture into the banana mixture until incorporated.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared muffin cups & sprinkle evenly with walnuts.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in the centers comes out clean (about 18 to 22 minutes).
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm or let cool completely, about 30 minutes.
Serving Size: 1 Muffin Per Serving: 193 calories; fat 6g; cholesterol 32mg; sodium 194mg; carbohydrates 32g; dietary fiber 3g; protein 5g; sugars 17g; niacin equivalents 1mg; saturated fat 1g; vitamin a iu 62IU.
Image source: eatingwell.com