A vibrant, healthy and moreish meal for all your Autumn needs.
15 Nov 2020
Add some colour to your week with this fresh beetroot celebrating risotto and bring the zing with fresh fruits and citrus.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 medium (300g) beetroots
- 1 1/2 cups (300g) brown short grain rice
- 4 cups (800ml) vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 small Granny smith apples cut into wedges
- sea salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds, dry roasted & crushed
- zest & juice of half a lemon
- 1 bunch rocket leaves
- 1 cup (250ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup (50ml) apple juice concentrate
- Boil scrubbed beetroot in skin until tender and reserve liquid.
- Peel and dice beetroot and purée half of it with some of the liquid.
- Cut apples into wedges and bake on tray at 180°C for 5 minutes, put aside.
- eat vegetable stock in a pot. In a separate pan, sweat onions and rice with oil until glossy.
- Add caraway seeds and the hot vegetable stock gradually, cooking slowly until rice is done.
- Add diced beetroot at the last minute to keep colour. For the glaze, reduce vinegar and apple juice concentrate over low heat to syrup.
- Arrange risotto on rocket leaves, top with apples and drizzle with the glaze.