Carrot and Lentils Creamy Soup with Fresh Coriander Recipe
This soup has enough nutrient to be served as a main course, with plenty of proteins, fibre, carotene, curcumin, healthy coconut fat, and vitamin from the fresh coriander and lime.
This recipe was created by our sister brand Fivelements Habitat at the hand of chef Arnaud Hauchon.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
· 1 tbsp coriander seeds powder
· 1 tbsp cumin seeds powder
· 1 onion, diced
· 2 garlic cloves, chopped
· 1 small fresh Thai chilli with seeds, chopped.
· 2cm grated ginger
· 3 tbsp sunflower seed oil
· 200 g red lentils
· 1 tsp turmeric powder
· 650-700 g organic carrots, peeled and diced
· 1 litre water
· salt and white peppercorn to taste.
· 0.25 L coconut cream
· Fresh coriander for garnish.
· Lime wedges for garnish.
· Add a couple of teaspoons of oil into a large pan. Cook off the onions, ginger, garlic on medium heat for a few minutes, until soft and fragrant.
· Add the chilli, spices and cook for a couple more minutes.
· Add the lentils and cook until glossy, about 1 minute.
· Add the carrots and water, bring to a simmer and cook for around 30 minutes, or until the carrots are tender and the lentils are cooked. You may need to add another 250-400 ml of water (about 1-2 cups) as the lentils will absorb the liquids.
· Once cooked, add the coconut cream, bring to boil
· Blend the soup in a blender
· Serve the soup with a handful of fresh coriander and a few squeezes of lime juice for extra freshness.
· Freezes well and can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.