CHOCOLATE PROTEIN ENERGY BALLS
When you’re looking for an afternoon boost, a post-workout replenishment, or just fancy a tasty homemade chocolate snack, these energy balls are the perfect thing to have in your bag to grab. Simple to make, but tricky not to eat all at once!
Ingredients (Makes 10-12 balls)
- 10 dates
- ½ tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp Innermost Protein Powder (Chocolate)
- 1/4 cup honey or chocolate hazelnut butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup hazelnuts (leave some for garnish)
- Chopped dark chocolate or small chocolate chips (optional)
- Soak the dates in hot water for 5-10 minutes, until softened.
- Combine all ingredients and mix (by hand or with an electric mixer).
- Leave mixture in the fridge for 15 minutes to firm up.
- Divide your cold mixture until you have 10 or 12 equal amounts
- Shape them into round balls (or get creative with your shapes!)
- Chop the remaining hazelnuts and sprinkle over the top
- No need to bake, just put them in the refrigerator in an air tight container for at least 15 minutes and keep up to 1 week.