Try these easy-to-make salmon cakes next! Salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and is a source of low-calorie protein that is also low in saturated fat. Delicious and still good for you? What more can you ask for! This recipe is enough for 8 great cakes, so make some for a party, or plan your meals for the next few days.
· 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
· 1 finely chopped onion
· 1 finely diced celery
· 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
· 15 ounces canned salmon or 11/2 cups cooked salmon
· 1 egg
· 1 ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
· 1 3/4 cups fresh whole-wheat breadcrumbs
· ½ teaspoon pepper
· 1 lemon
· Creamy Dill Sauce
1. Preheat your oven to 230degrees C and prepare a baking sheet with a light spray of oil.
2. Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons of oil in a pan and cook onion and celery until soft, then stir in parsley and remove from heat.
3. Flake apart the salmon in a bowl with a fork and add in egg and the mustard. Add the onion mixture, breadcrumbs and pepper and mix well.
4. Divide and shape into 8 cakes.
5. Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons of oil ina medium-heat pan, and cook 4 cakes until golden, about 3 minutes. Carefully transfer to the baking sheet. Repeat with the other 4.
6. Bake all cakes until golden, for about 20 minutes.
7. Serve with creamy dill sauce and fresh lemon wedges.
Vitamin A iu
Image and recipe sourced from eatingwell.com