THAI FISH CAKES
If you love using a blender or food processor to make meals, this is the prefect recipe for you. Fresh fish and fresher herbs make for a refreshing appetizer, snack, or even main dish.
09 Aug 2020
Ingredients (10 Cakes)
- 500g white fish, diced
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste
- juice of 1 lime or lemon
- 1 – 2 egg whites
- 2 shallots chopped, green part
- sea salt & pepper
- Place the diced fish in a food processor with rest of ingredients and blend to semi smooth consistency. Check seasoning and roll into small flat balls.
- Bake on baking paper in the oven at 180ºC or cook on a slightly oiled grill plate.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and a drizzle of sweet chilli sauce.
Sweet Chili Sauce
- 2 cups coconut vinegar
- 2 chilies, chopped
- 1 knob of ginger
- 2 tablespoons (50g) palm sugar
- 1/2 cup (100ml) filtered water
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
Simmer and reduce all ingredients by a third if necessary. It can be thickened slightly with a little cornflour mixed with water.