TOFU SCRAMBLE WITH BAKED POTATO
Here is an eggless scramble that uses tofu with spicy vegetables and herbs.
13 Sep 2020
Skipping breakfast may seem like a good way to lose weight, but it puts you on a fast track to gaining weight. It’s even associated with heart disease and can cause you mood swings, but eat like a champion every day, and you’ll feel like one.
Here is an eggless scramble that uses tofu with spicy vegetables and herbs. A fun alternative that goes wonderfully with a warming baked potato.
- 2 pcs extra-firm tofu
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cups spinach, loosely chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric (optional)
- Add water to thin
Bake Potato with olive oil, salt & pepper
- Drain tofu to dry, set aside.
- Bake potato with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Prepare sauce by adding all ingredients together. Set aside.
- Cook all vegetables in a medium-sized skillet on medium heat until softened; add salt and pepper to taste.
- Put aside all the cooked vegetables in skillet, and add tofu and sauce.
6. Mix all together, and stir well. Cook until tofu browns.
7. Serve with baked potato and sprinkle on coriander to taste.
Protein, 15g; carbohydrate, 19g; fat: 14g (262 kcal).