To ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of everyone, please adhere to these guidelines:
Before You Come
·Pack and Bring your own… Workout Attire, Boxing Gloves, Yoga Toppers, Heart Rate Monitors, Wraps.
We also encourage you to bring your own towel and plastic bags, to help keep hygiene standards at their highest.
Seek medical attention if you feel ill or are suffering from upper respiratory symptoms.
When checking in at reception through our system, please show the email confirmation of the submitted health declaration form to the front desk.
When You Arrive
1.Sanitize your hands upon entry and exit.
2.Get your temperature checked at the front-desk.
3.Wear a face mask at all times, except to shower or drink.
While You Work Out
1.Wear a face mask at all times, unless showering or drinking.
2.Maintain at least a 1.5m distance from others.
3.Keep an eye on your Rate of Perceived Exertion (RPE) – don’t go above a 6 while exercising with a mask on.
4.Avoid contact between water bottles and water dispenser.
5.Wipe down equipment & machines after use.
After You Work Out
1.Pack away your towels appropriately, preferably in a bag. Don’t leave any belongings in the changing room.
2.Wash your hands with soap and warm water thoroughly and regularly.
FURTHER HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES
•All employees active in the centres will have been tested negative for coronavirus, and will be wearing face masks/shield when engaging with others.
•Maximum capacity of group classes has been reduced. All group class participants are required to wear a mask and must keep at least 1.5m space between others. (Exercising in our Outdoor GX / Outdoor PT sessions will not require wearing a mask.)
•Cardio machines have a 1.5m space between or have a partition separating them.
•Alternate day-use lockers and showers have been restricted to provide extra distancing in the changing rooms.
•Lounge areas will have reduced seating capacity.
•Sauna and Steam rooms will remain closed until further notice.
RATE OF PERCEIVED EXERTION (RPE)
We also think you should check out our video guide to RPE and use it to adjust your intensity level if you’re returning to work out routines. We suggest starting at a low to moderate intensity, especially if you are wearing a mask during exercise.
SafeFit100 is an independent not-for-profit body established to protect and serve the industry of fitness and wellness operators in Hong Kong.
SafeFit100 members must fulfil the following:
Have at least one of the following in place:
- A fresh air intake system (FAIS) which achieves a minimum of 10 litres per second per person at maximum occupancy in the work out areas and have installed at least 1 UV-C/HEPA air purifier for every 350m3/h (200CFM) where cardio equipment is used and / or where high-intensity training is conducted; Or Sufficient UV-C/HEPA air purifiers to cover the cardio area and any high-intensity training areas according to the on the ground situation (including the site condition) and the manufacturer manual. High-Efficiency Particulate Arrestance Filter (HEPA) cum Ultraviolet-C (UV-C) device; or High-Efficiency Particulate Arrestance Filter (HEPA) device; or Ultraviolet-C (UV-C) device.
- That the maximum number of members at any one time adheres to the 1-person-per-113-square-feet rule based on gross floor area until otherwise indicated
- Shower areas have approximately 10 air-changes per hour (10ACPH).
- Weekly testing of all staff, up to and including the week ending 11 April 2021.
- Proactively support the Hong Kong Vaccination programme
- Test all staff in a manner approved by and in the frequency prescribed by the Hong Kong Government, or as otherwise published by SafeFit100
- Effect a contact tracing system of all visitors with data stored for a minimum of 30 days or alternatively enforce the use of the LeaveHomeSafe app
- All staff and personal trainers wear masks and use hand sanitiser as appropriate
- Strictly adhere to all social distancing measures as per government regulations
- Suitable equipment partitions are installed and/or equipment complies with the 1.5m distancing rule
- Temperature checks and hand sanitiser usage before entering premises
- Ensure that members and staff disinfect equipment before and after each use
- Adequate hand sanitiser stations at the entrance and throughout the premises
- Regular disinfection of all areas throughout the premises
- Toilet seat sanitiser in all cubicles
- The SafeFit100initiative was formed to reassure the Hong Kong Government and policy makers that health clubs in Hong Kong have the necessary safety standards to operate amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, and play a significant role in boosting the
physical and mental well-being of the community.
All compliant operators will be issued the SafeFit100 endorsement, which should be displayed at the entrance of their premises.
For any enquiries or information regarding the breach of SafeFit100 standards, please emailinfo@SafeFit100.com
Visit www.safefit100.com for more details and our requirements for eligibility.
WHEN WILL THE CLUBS REOPEN?
In accordance with the latest announcement from the Hong Kong Government we resumed operations on 18 February 2021.
Can I Still Use My International Fitness Passport?
Following the World Health Organisation’s declaration on 11 March describing COVID-19 as a pandemic, we implemented a freeze on both in-bound and out-bound International Fitness Passport usage.
We apologise for the inconvenience and request your understanding as to our proactive stance; we look forward to advising when International Fitness Passport privileges can be restored
WHY DO I NEED TO WEAR A MASK?In order to safeguard all our cardholders and staff, and to enable social responsibility, we are temporarily requiring all visitors to wear a face mask when inside the facilities and not drinking or showering. Please wear a mask in accordance with the HK government regulations.
WHAT SAFETY PRECAUTIONS ARE IN PLACE FOR WHEN YOU REOPEN?Before our club closures, we implemented precautionary measures to ensure the health and safety of all our cardholders, guests and staff alike. Across all our clubs, we:1. Increased the frequency of cleaning and wiping down of equipment and surfaces.2. Supplied additional hand sanitiser and anti-bacterial sprays for all visitors and guests to use.3. Implemented a mandatory health declaration form before entry.4. Implemented temperature checks – anyone recording a temperature above 37.5°C, or experiencing flu-like symptoms such as coughing, runny nose and sore throat will be declined entry.5. Began compulsory temperature checks for staff twice a day.6. Increased communications to staff and cardholders to educate them about the virus.7. Empowered our General Managers and club teams to monitor guests and cardholders, to politely ask anyone exhibiting flu-like symptoms to leave the premises and seek immediate medical attention.8. Advised staff to avoid physical contact with cardholders and guests as appropriate. Correction of movement and/or posture will be done verbally or through demonstrations.9. All employees will be wearing face masks and will wear a face shield when engaging with others.We have also implemented additional control measures to ensure sufficient social distancing, including a reduction in capacity of all Group Exercise classes and a restriction on alternate cardio machines. Class booking services are available via the Fitness First App.For the time being, we will temporarily stop supplying the following for personal hygiene purposes: Boxing gloves, Boxing wraps and Heart-rate monitors. Please also bring your own Workout Attire, Water bottles, Towels & Yoga Toppers.We encourage all cardholders to continue to observe good personal hygiene, maintain good gym etiquette and be socially responsible. It is a collective effort to keep yourself, your loved ones and everyone safe.
WILL THERE BE RESTRICTIONS / LIMITATIONS ON Cardholders ENTERING THE CLUB?
- Please wear a face mask at all times when moving around the facilities, except to shower or drink.
- We advise you to wear a face mask at all times when possible. Group class participants must wear a mask during the entire session.
- All visitors are required to have their temperature checked, and show confirmation of the completed digital health declaration form upon check-in at reception.
- Maximum capacity of group classes has been reduced, and participants are required to wear a mask and must keep at least 1.5m space between others. (Exercising in our Outdoor GX / Outdoor PT sessions do not require wearing a mask.)
- All employees active in the centres will have been tested negative for coronavirus, and will be wearing face masks/shield when engaging with others.
- We have temporarily stopped supplying boxing gloves, boxing wraps, and heart-rate monitors, so please bring your own. Please also consider bringing your own towel and plastic bags to help us maintain the highest standard of hygiene.
- We have provided several hand sanitising stations throughout our facilities, so please use them as needed. Please use our disinfection stations to help wipe down equipment before and after use.
Responsible Social Distancing
- Keep a safe distance from others on the gym floor; at least 1.5m.
- We encourage you to bring a water bottle as we have disabled our drinking fountain. Please avoid contact between your water bottle and water dispenser when refilling.
- All cardio machines will have a 1.5m space between or have a partition separating them.
- Some day-use lockers have been restricted to provide extra distancing in the changing rooms.
- Lounge areas have reduced seating capacity.
- Sauna and Steam rooms remain closed until further notice.
ARE YOU controlling THE AMOUNT OF PEOPLE IN THE GYM AREA AND STUDIOS?Maximum capacity for all centres are under control based on total size of the gym floor.
We have also placed restrictions on some machines to enable space between them.
We encourage all visitors to practice social distancing and stay at least 1.5m apart from others.
Do I Need to Submit a HEALTH DECLARATION FORM?