Kale Naan Pizza Recipe
Ingredients (Serves 4)
· 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
· 3 cloves garlic, sliced
· ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
· 350g lean ground turkey
· 1 tsp fennel seeds
· 1 tsp paprika
· ¼ tsp salt
· 8 cups kale
· 1 tbs red-wine vinegar
· 2 whole-grain naan breads or whole-wheat pitas
· ¾ cup mozzarella
You can buy store-bought naan bread, which is lower in sodium than pizza dough, or whole-wheat pita can be used as a replacement.
1. Preheat oven grill to high.
2. In a non-stick pan, heat 2 tablespoons oil and cook garlic and crushed red peppers.
3. When the garlic turns golden, add turkey, fennel seeds, paprika and half the salt.
4. Cook for 3 minutes until turkey is browned, then add kale, vinegar and the remaining salt.
5. Cook for another 3 minutes or until the turkey is done.
6. Place naan/pitas on a baking sheet lightly brush with oil, before adding equal portions of the cooked mixture and mozzarella.
7. Grill until the cheese is melted.
Nutrition- Serving Size: 1/2 Pizza
Vitamin A iu