Try these easy-to-make salmon cakes next! Salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and is a source of low-calorie protein that is also low in saturated fat. Delicious and still good for you? What more can you ask for! This recipe is enough for 8 great cakes, so make some for a party, or plan your meals for the next few days.
· 4 teaspoons extra-virgin oliveoil
· 1 finely chopped onion
· 1 finely diced celery
· 2 tablespoons chopped freshparsley
· 15 ounces canned salmon or 11/2 cups cooked salmon
· 1 egg
· 1 ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
· 1 3/4 cups fresh whole-wheatbreadcrumbs
· ½ teaspoon pepper
· 1 lemon
· Creamy Dill Sauce
1. Preheat your oven to 230degrees C and prepare a baking sheet with a light spray of oil.
2. Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons of oil in apan and cook onion and celery until soft, then stir in parsley and remove fromheat.
3. Flake apart the salmon in abowl with a fork and add in egg and the mustard. Add the onion mixture,breadcrumbs and pepper and mix well.
4. Divide and shape into 8 cakes.
5. Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons of oil ina medium-heat pan, and cook 4 cakes until golden, about 3 minutes. Carefullytransfer to baking sheet. Repeat with the other 4.
6. Bake all cakes until golden,for about 20 minutes.
7. Serve with creamy dill sauce andfresh lemon wedges.
Vitamin A iu
Image and recipe sourced from eatingwell.com